Friday, July 27, 2007

Sania moves to DFS classic quarters

India's Sania Mirza came back strongly after her first round defeat in the French Open to storm into the quarter-finals of the DFS classic WTA tournament being held in Birmingham, UK.
Sania beat Shenay Perry of the USA in three sets 7-5, 6-7, 6-3 to secure a place in the quarter-finals of the tournament.
"After last year there has been a lot of pressure on me. And of course people expect me to do a lot better than I did last year," said Sania Mirza.
"I am going to take it one at a time and not worry about Wimbledon, or even next week. I only want to worry about tomorrow.
"But pressure is growing by the day. People expect me to do better and it's part and parcel of my life and I have to learn how to block everything out."
Sania will be facing another American Meilen Tu in her next round.

No comments: